We're excited to share our November updates!
- We’re hosting a webinar this Thursday on Release Management and Deployments
- We attended Kubecon and our first AWS re:invent. More to share on re:invent later, but it is more clear than ever that developer experience is at the forefront of a rapidly evolving development tooling landscape
Analytics v1 in private beta
We’re excited to offer self-serve access to tons of new data in our UI This will show metrics that help with 2 keys areas:
- Coherence Usage
- Team velocity management
Coherence Usage will show:
- Count of environments used, including who on the team is using them
- Aggregate build speed by environment and stage over time
Code velocity will show things like:
- Cycle time
- PR age
- PR size
- Deployment size and frequency to Coherence static environments
Overall, our goal is to give you access to DORA/SPACE type metrics in an easy and integrated way, without having to add more tools to your stack and leveraging the unique position Coherence has as an integration point for a lot of dev workflows.
Excited for this to be more broadly available in mid-December. Get in touch if you’re excited about it and as it rolls out we are excited for feedback and to continue iterating here!
Service granularity in pipeline submission
- For branch environments, when submitting a new build you can choose which services to include in the pipeline. This is in addition to the existing support for using glob patterns to automatically include/exclude services based on the diff when triggered from a github webhook
- For static environments, can manage per-service deployments. The most important use case here is for example getting a hotfix for just your frontend live, without the backend blocking that deployment and slowing down the fix.
First external CLI.
We’ve always had cocli available in workspaces and toolboxes to manage container execution and logging. We now have a publicly available CLI that you can use to create/manage environments directly, using our API.
- The code is open source and available on github. You can download binaries from the releases - let us know if any architectures you use are missing!
- The most important use case here is to support various integration testing workflows where you create environments in your own CI, and run tests from that CI or other tools against the environment, and then clean it up
- The next functionality we expect to introduce here is to add environment variable management, to support migrations from other platforms or other use cases.
- We’re excited to continue adding flexibility to our platform on top of our APIs!
Tag Labels for cloud resources created by Coherence
It makes it easier to identify resources that Coherence has created and we expect that teams can use labels to help w things like cost analysis etc. We are adding the following tags to all resources:
- Environment Name
- managed_by = coherence
- Build speed UI formatting
- Build stage logs fetching in background to help with speed
- AWS Integration Testing commands more flexible
- Handling multiple databases per service in AWS (more than 1 RDS for 1 service)
- EFS support on AWS, you can now mount EFS into Coherence services!